FALL TRAVEL 2021
IMPORTANT: Be sure to complete this registration in its entirety. Once complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
Please see important tryout information below:
U9, U10 and U11 Try-outs
- Soccer Maine’s U9, U10 and U11 programs are non-results oriented (we do not keep score) and our emphasis is on player development.
- We try to place all U10 candidates on a team, as long as they are able to compete safely. Each U9 and U10 candidate is required to attend the try-out for assessment. U11 candidates may be required to attend both try-outs.
U12, U13 and U14 Try-outs
- All candidates will be assessed at the May 22 try-outs and MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND AN ADDITIONAL TRYOUT.
- Candidates will typically be assessed at least once to be eligible for a team.
- If a candidate is unable to make the try-outs they must contact BSC via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make alternate arrangements prior to May 12 at 11:59pm.
- When the club has enough candidates to field multiple teams in the same division, the policy will be to select the top rated players for the first team and when possible, form a second team with the remaining players. If needed, late registrants will always be added to the second team.
Grade Level Waiver- the Soccer Maine age cutoff for team placement is 7/31. Players that have birthdays in August, September and October may decide to sign a Grade Level Waiver so they can "play up" with the other kids in their grade.
- Players meeting the grade level waiver requirements can elect to try-out with their older school grade peers with the following conditions.
- Players making this election can only try-out for one team.
- If they waiver to try out with their grade level peers and are not selected, they DO NOT have the option of going back to the lower age group.
- Except for U9 and U10, a player can play only one year in an age group.
- Parents must sign a grade level waiver in advance of the first try-out. This can be confusing, if you are interested please contact the Club by e-mail at email@example.com.