The East Greenwich Soccer Association (EGSA) is a volunteer organization that provides recreational and competitive soccer programs to youth under the age of 16 in East Greenwich, RI. and surrounding towns. As parents ourselves, we know you have many choices when selecting a soccer program for your children. We've worked hard to build a league where kids can have fun, stay active, learn, and continually improve their soccer skills.
In light of the current and evolving public health crisis, we have been closely monitoring all information and guidelines regarding COVID19 as they relate to youth sports. In accordance with the guidelines handed down from public health agencies as well as SoccerRI, we will continue to adapt our programs to focus on our primary goal of providing a safe and fun environment for our young athletes.
Here are five reasons we believe EGSA is an excellent choice for your child:
1) EGSA is a family organization. When you join EGSA, you are joining hundreds of other parents and players who share common goals. We love seeing families on the sidelines and at our yearly events. We want everyone in the family to reinforce existing friendships and make new ones that are long lasting.
2) EGSA is committed to developing your child as a person first and a soccer player second. Our curriculum and staff are on the cutting edge of the modern game and always evolving, but our mission of building skills, confidence and character through hard work will always be consistent.
3) EGSA insists on positive coaching and positive parenting. Our motto is "Catch them being good!" When a coach, mentor, teacher or parent recognizes you for doing something well you’re more likely to find repeat success and grow in confidence.
4) EGSA has professional coaches on staff who are as qualified and as good as any club out there. Our professional staff work with all of our players in both the House (recreational) and Travel (competitive) Leagues.
5) While we cannot promise college scholarships, we work hard to be the best we can be. We will always nurture talent and provide players - of all abilities - the best opportunity to succeed.
We are closely monitoring guidance from state and federal agencies regarding the safe return to play