Spring 2021 INTRAMURAL Program (2013-2016) - COACH & VOLUNTEER
Welcome to the online registration platform for Exeter United FC's 2021 Spring Intramural soccer program!
Our goal is to provide a fun, safe, and productive environment for your child to learn and grow within the game of soccer. EUFC Coaches and Volunteers are dedicated to helping build skill as well as character and respect in every player involved with our club.
The Spring Intramural season will consist of a 8-week program beginning the week of April 12th and ending on June 5th. Players will be split into two separate age groups as follows:
- Sessions for players in the U5 (2016) & U6 (2015) age groups will be held on Wednesdays at 6:00pm and Saturdays at 10:00am beginning on April 14th
- Sessions for players in the U7 (2014) & U8 (2013) age groups will be held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 6:00pm beginning on April 13th
There will be no soccer on Memorial Day weekend (Friday 5/28 & Saturday 5/29). Weather cancellations will normally not be made up. All practice sessions will take place outdoors at the Trout Run Sports Complex. During the Spring season there are no set teams or formal games, and the sessions are run in a clinic/camp format. Practices are usually bout 60 minutes in length. This program will also inlcude three round-robin 3v3 Play Days giving our young players more game play opportunities. On these days each player will take part in a minimum of 3 short games with different teammates & opponents each game.
To allow our club to administer the Spring Intramural program we will need volunteers to fill the following positions for each age group:
- Coaches (Group Leaders): Will lead a small group (8-12) of players through a practice session. This will include planning of the games/activities performed during the first 40 minutes of each practice. And then leading & teaching during scrimmage time the last 20 minutes. Will normally be supported by at least one assistant.
- Coaches (Assistants/Helpers): Will assist Group Leaders throughout a practice session. This typically includes a mix of instruction, activity setup/cleanup, helping to coral players/keep them involved, tieing shoes, etc.
- Player Ambassadors: Non-coaching volunteers that will serve to welcome players, issue nametags, direct them or even escort them to their specific practice field/area, and assist players as needed during the practices. In our effort to minimize spectators, these volunteers will serve a critical role to aid/comfort players if parents are not immediately available to help. Will be need to be available to help 15 minutes before scheduled practice times.
- COVID Safety Representative: Non-coaching volunteers that will serve the critical role of completing temperature screenings for players/coaches upon arrival and ensuring that players/coaches have completed the COVID screening questionnaire prior to every event in accordance with the EUFC COVID Safety & Action Plan [EUFC COVID Action Plan.pdf]. Will be need to be available to help 15 minutes before scheduled practice times.
If you have any questions about the registration process using our new system or have questions/issues while registering, please contact Jim Noel at email@example.com or by cell phone at 484-995-5518. If you have questions about volunteering or about the Spring Intramural program in general, please contact the applicable coordinator:
EUFC Board of Directors