2021 MYA Soccer Spring Recreation Season
MYA Member Registration: As Parent or Legal Guardian of the above MYA Participant, I indicate, by my signature below, that I am in agreement with the following Articles:
1. The Participant is a full-time resident of the town of Merrimack.
2. The Participant has attained the minimum age of four (4) years or the required Program Age Eligibility. No participant shall be older than eighteen (18) years of age unless they are a high school senior and will turn 19 during their senior year.
3. All Secondary insurance is handled on a per Program basis and is included in the Program fees at the time of the registration for that Program. A deductible on claims for injuries may vary from Program to Program. The Participant will be taken to the nearest medical facility for treatment unless the parent (or other family member) is present and personally takes the Participant to a facility.
4. No MYA Director, Officer, Manager, Coach, Official, or Volunteer shall be held liable for any injuries sustained to a Participant in any MYA activity.
5. In the event the participant is issued a uniform or equipment, I, the Parent or Legal Guardian, accepts full responsibility for maintaining its condition and upon completion of the season will return it promptly. Also, I understand that I will be liable for the cost to replace any damaged or lost uniforms or equipment.
Parent Code of Conduct
A substantial goal of the MYS program is to provide an opportunity for the children of Merrimack to learn and develop soccer skills, have fun, and to build and maintain social relationships, and that success is measured in player development, effort and enjoyment, and not solely on individual success and / or the outcome of a game. Therefore, I agree:
• I will promote team play, and stress the importance of cooperation with coaches and teammates
• I will never engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any referee, coach, player, parent or any other person including, but not limited to: words or conduct criticizing referees or coaching decisions, words or conduct criticizing players
• I will not use profanity or other abusive language at any MYS sanctioned event
• I will never engage in any behavior or practice that would endanger the health or well-being of any participant or spectator at any MYS sanctioned event, including physical or verbal attacks
• I will not use or possess alcohol, illegal drugs or weapons while attending an MYS match or practice
• I will not under any circumstances shout abusively at my child or any other child or referee
• I will not dispute any call made by a referee or other official
• I will not coach or provide other guidance to any player from the sideline during any MYS match, and understand that it is solely the responsibility of the coaches to provide instructional input during games.
• I will respect the facilities at our opponents grounds, and those of Merrimack
I will promote an atmosphere of respect and will not make or disseminate critical or derogatory remarks (including by email or other electronic media) that are intended to harm, or would have the reasonably likely effect of harming, another’s reputation or standing in the community. I agree to handle any issues or complaints that I may have in a constructive manner, and in a private setting that is appropriate under the circumstances.
I understand that if I personally observe actions by others that are inconsistent with this Code of Conduct, I may report such actions by contacting any MYS board member. I further understand that I may make such a report and request that my identity be kept confidential, and with the exception of a legal requirement to disclose my identity the MYS will scrupulously honor my request for anonymity.
I understand that I am responsible for the conduct of any family member or guest attending the MYS sanctioned event, and failure to abide by the terms set forth in this code is subject to disciplinary action by MYS, up to and including suspension or termination from the program, without refund of participation or other fees.